Spice up your holiday baking with these delicious eggnog cupcakes! Our stabilizer-free organic eggnog adds a traditional holiday flavor to a classic cake recipe. Simply swap milk for eggnog and you have a new holiday dessert that’s sure to be your new favorite.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Kalona SuperNatural Organic Classic Eggnog
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Classic Eggnog
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (add as needed)
How-to-Make Eggnog Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 24 cup muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat together sugar, and 3/4 cup butter with a mixer on medium speed. Scrape the edge of the bowl occasionally and mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla, and eggs until well blended. Alternately add flour mixture and eggnog. Beat well and scrape the edges of the bowl as needed.
- Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the frosting ingredients with a mixer on low speed until creamy. Add additional nutmeg if desired. Immediately spread on cake.
This holiday dessert recipe is inspired by pillsbury.com.