House-Made Kalona Creamery Ice Cream Coming Soon!
We have exciting news at Kalona Creamery! Starting in mid-April, we will have fresh, house-made ice cream available in our dipping case and in pints for those who demand a little bit extra!
Kalona Creamery Ice Cream Spring Flavors
Every season, new and fresh ice cream flavors will be available at Kalona Creamery Shop & Deli. Starting in April, we will release eight unique flavors—many featuring local ingredients! Here’s a sneak peek of our new flavors:
- Plain Ol’ Vanilla: this one is for hard-core vanilla lovers – no artificial vanilla flavors here!
- Parlor Pie: we start with our delicious Plain Ol’ Vanilla and add local Miller’s Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam and The Perfect Blend shortbread (both sold at Kalona Creamery Shop & Deli) to create an ice cream that tastes just like a springtime rhubarb and strawberry pie.
- Udderly Chocolate: this chocolate ice cream will blow you away! Made with Kalona SuperNatural Whole Chocolate Milk, we challenge you to find a more creamy and chocolatey ice cream. Loyal Kalona SuperNatural Chocolate Milk fans will not be disappointed!
- Cow Pie: again we start with our Plain Ol’ Vanilla and add peanut butter and chocolate. What’s not to love?!
- Moo-Mint: creamy and delicious mint ice cream with yummy dark chocolate chunks!
- Pecan Pasture: this one is for SERIOUS chocolate lovers! We start with our Udderly Chocolate ice cream and add chocolate, caramel, and pecan brownie bites.
- Chicken Feed: a delicious combination of vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, made-in-house monster cookies, and extra M&Ms! No chickens were involved with the development of this flavor, for human consumption only. 😉
- Kalona Crunch: as you can tell, we love supporting other local businesses! Our Kalona Crunch combines our Kalona Creamery Plain Ol’ Vanilla and Kalona Chocolates’ Pecan Butter Crunch to create our very own butter brickle ice cream.
And if you aren’t salivating yet, each bowl of ice cream is served with an adorable Lil’ Lona, a milk chocolate cow made by our local friends at Kalona Chocolates!
It doesn’t stop there. Root beer floats and ice cream cones will also be available!
Mark your Calendars for the Kalona Creamery Ice Cream Launch Party & Eating Challenge
Help us celebrate the launch of our ice cream on Saturday, April 21st from 9am – 5pm. On this day only, take us up on our Kalona Creamery Ice Cream Challenge—winners will receive a free Kalona Creamery t-shirt and gift card! Lona the Cow, our company mascot, will be on-site for photo opportunities. Watch our website and Facebook page for more details closer to the date!