Eggnog has many uses besides as a beverage. It can be used in a rice pudding, a bread pudding, and here, in a pudding-flan based on sweet potatoes. Very easy to put together and with the sweetness of the eggnog and sweet potatoes, no sugar is necessary. You can serve this warm or chilled with whipped cream or additional eggnog, simply poured around it. You’ll love this dish!
Eggnog and Sweet Potato Pudding-Flan Ingredients
- 2 cups roughly mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ cups Kalona SuperNatural™ Classic Eggnog
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (small is fine)
- Nutmeg for grating
Eggnog and Sweet Potato Pudding-Flan Directions
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Put the ingredients, except for the nutmeg, in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a 2-quart ovenproof dish, one that you can set inside a larger dish and grate a little nutmeg over the surface. Pour in boiling water to come at least an inch up the sides, then carefully set in the middle of the oven and bake until mostly firm but still just a little wobbly in the center, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, carefully lift the flan out of the larger dish and set it aside. As it sits and cools, it will finish baking, perhaps even producing some cracks that weren’t’ there earlier. If that happens, don’t worry.
- Serve with softly whipped cream, lightly sweetened, or with a pitcher of eggnog to pour over.